Effective Date: March 1, 2014
Personal Information Defined
Browsing the Website
If You browse through the Website without entering any Personal Information, TechnologyAdvice will automatically gather and store certain information about Your visit. This information does not identify You personally and cannot be linked back to You unless You decide at some point to identify Yourself. If You are only browsing, TechnologyAdvice may collect the following information (whenever possible): IP address, domain name, the type of browser and operating system used to access the Website, the date and time You access the Website, the pages You visit (click-through), and if You linked to the Website from another website, the address of that website as well as additional information related to Your visit. TechnologyAdvice uses Your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server, and to administer the Website.
Personal Information TechnologyAdvice Collects
TechnologyAdvice collects the following Personal Information that You submit voluntarily. Creating an Account requires You to provide TechnologyAdvice with Your name, e-mail address, products used, projects, and password of Your choice. After registering You may provide TechnologyAdvice with additional information about You as You use the Services such as:
- physical addresses
- telephone numbers
- information regarding Your business (e.g., business name, revenue thresholds, etc.)
- information regarding Your business needs and software requirements
- other personally identifiable information You affirmatively provide to us
When You contribute posts and reviews, participate in TechnologyAdvice surveys (either directly, or through third party service providers), or provide any other Content to the Services through other means, TechnologyAdvice will collect all the information You provide. If You exchange messages with others through the Website, TechnologyAdvice may store these messages in order to deliver them and allow You to manage them. In connection with reviews, posts, and surveys, TechnologyAdvice (and/or its third party service providers) may collect a wide variety of product- and vendor-related information on an optional basis. Please be aware that while some pieces of information that You provide to TechnologyAdvice would not be sufficient to identify You when seen by another User without any context, the combination of different pieces of information that You have provided for viewing by other Users, or any contextual information, may allow other Users to identify You.
When You contact TechnologyAdvice by sending TechnologyAdvice an e-mail or when You use any of our contact forms, TechnologyAdvice will collect any information that is contained in (and/or attached to) Your e-mail, text message, or that You enter into such forms.
TechnologyAdvice does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information by anyone under the age of 13. Do not sign up for an Account if You are under the age of 13 and do not provide TechnologyAdvice with any information regarding any individual under the age of 13.
Use of Personal Information
Personal Information You submit to TechnologyAdvice, or to third parties that support us in collecting information, is used by us to provide You and other Users with the Services, to respond to requests that You make, to improve our Services, and to operate, maintain, and improve the features, functionality, performance, and support of the Services.
TechnologyAdvice uses the Personal Information that it gathers about You for the following purposes:
- To provide our Services to You, to communicate with You about Your use of the Services, to respond to Your inquiries, to fulfill Your orders, and for other customer service purposes, which may include communicating with You via email
- To tailor the content and information that TechnologyAdvice may send or display to You, personalized help and instructions, and to otherwise personalize Your experiences while using the Website or the Services
- For customer loyalty programs
- To share with website affiliates, and/or vendors of products you have expressed interest in as a means of establishing communication between both you and such vendors or affiliates.
- For marketing and promotional purposes. For example, TechnologyAdvice may use Your information, such as Your email address, to send You news and newsletters, special offers, and promotions, or to otherwise contact You about products or information TechnologyAdvice thinks may interest You. TechnologyAdvice also may use the information that TechnologyAdvice learns about You to assist us in advertising our Services on third party websites.
- To better understand how users access and use the Website and Services, both on an aggregated and individualized basis, to improve the Website and Services and respond to user desires and preferences, and for other research and analytical purposes
One of the purposes of the Services is for Users to share product- and vendor-related information with other Users. Therefore, You should assume that any information (including any Personal Information You may choose to provide, but excluding Your registration information) that You post will be made available to other Users of the Services. TechnologyAdvice may provide You the ability to anonymously post certain comments, in which case TechnologyAdvice will not include Your contact information (i.e., name, username, email address, or postal address) on the Website in connection with such comments. However, You should know that TechnologyAdvice's internal records may associate Your contact information with such comments.
Disclosure of Personal Information
Legal Obligation to Disclose
Changing Personal Information
You may change Your Personal Information (i.e., email address) by logging into Your Account and editing Your Account information. You may also request that Your Account be terminated and that Your Personal Information be deleted by sending an email to email@example.com. Any termination of Your account may involve deletion of Your Account information from TechnologyAdvice's live databases and all the information and data stored for such Account in the Services. TechnologyAdvice will not have any liability whatsoever to You for any termination of Your account or related deletion of You information.
On occasion TechnologyAdvice will make available to potential advertisers, research firms, and business partners aggregated results from research it has conducted regarding visitors to the Website. TechnologyAdvice may count, track, and aggregate visitor activity into our analysis of general traffic flows to the Website and may merge this information into group data, which may then be shared on an aggregated basis with potential advertisers, research firms, and business partners. In such case, TechnologyAdvice will only provide demographic information on an aggregated basis and does not disclose individual reader information.
Links to Other Web Sites
- DISCLOSURE: TechnologyAdvice may have affiliate marketing agreements set up with a portion of the products mentioned in blog posts or other pages on the site. If a user clicks through to a product from TechnologyAdvice.com and makes a purchase, TechnologyAdvice may be entitled to a portion of the revenue generated from this purchase.
Notification of Privacy Statement Changes
Contacting the TechnologyAdvice